Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report 11b

At the bottom of this blog post I have pasted the second excerpt of the draft of my essay. Right now it is the fist body paragraph of my essay. It also still needs some work but I feel as though I at least drafted all of the information I wanted to include into this excerpt.

Questions:

1. How did you decide to use form to preset your content in the raw material you've shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?

Like I mentioned in the previous post, it is hard to incorporate form into a text-based genre. But again I tried to make it sound more interesting than just straight facts but also making it still sound professional, I think that's the word I'm looking for.

2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?


The only problem I had with this section was not including the same information here and in my second body paragraph. As I was typing my draft I noticed that I had repeated some things in both body paragraphs but I have since fixed that.

Here is the first paragraph of my draft:

UA Alerts first took to the scene of the U of A campus back in 2007. Taken directly from the UA Alert FAQ site, UA Alerts “will” inform students and staff about violent activity, hazards, and major disruptions to university activity. These categories include things such as an active shooter, an immediate threat to the UA community, including off-campus events, power outages, gas leaks, etc. Sounds simple enough. Except these are not the alerts we are receiving. The only alerts students and staff have received during the 2015-2016 school year were as follows: power outages and a gas leak.   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelly!

    I really like the topic you are talking about, as it is something that directly affects us as students here at the U of A.

    I'm not sure what part of your outline this is necessarily, but I'm wondering if you would be able to say a little more about your sources in order to give them more credibility (for non-UA students)?

    I'm sure you will do this, but just elaborate on why they neglected these issues.

    I also remember noting that they did report a case or two of BB gun shooters; however, it was incredibly late after the event. Perhaps you could investigate the delay of such warnings?

    Anyway, just some ideas! Good luck with the rest of the project! :)

    ReplyDelete