Thursday, May 5, 2016

Editorial Report 15b

The blog post is also comparing a final version to the first version of my video essay script. Again, it is just the script for the same reason I explained in the previous blog post, anyways, enjoy.

1. How did the content change when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

I didn't change much between this final version and the first version because I thought I had written it pretty well already. I changed some words here and there as well as expanding on some of my thoughts more. I feel as though the first version was already clear and concise, but the editing I did for the final version makes it even stronger.

2. How did the form change when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

Again, you cannot see the form through the block of text but there is also music now playing behind my talking throughout the entire video.

First version:

The first thing I will be talking about is how my writing process, and writing style overall, has changed throughout the semester. First off, looking at blog posts, the tone I used in the first posts are very different to the tone I would use now. This is because, when I first started with the blog posts I wasn't familiar with blogging at all. So I wrote them more like essays (I think, at least). As the semester went on and I became more comfortable with the blogging process, I became more comfortable with it and began to put my personality into it more as well. Also, my process overall changed when it came to working on projects. For the first project I tried to start working on it without planning everything out first. Although I did fine on that project, I should have planned more. For the second, third, and last project, I definitely did more planning before jumping right into the project itself. That made it so much easier for me to gather my thoughts and have a smoother production week because I already knew what each part of my project was going to say. I felt that overall my writing process became more smooth as the semester continued and I found a process that worked for me because of all of the freedom I had in this course to work in a manner that worked for me. Because the class was laid out like that I was able to find different ways that I personally like to write, rather than the standard writing process most students use in high school, for example.

Final version:

The first thing I will be talking about is how my writing process, and writing style overall, has changed and developed throughout the semester. First off, looking at blog posts, the tone I used in the first posts are very different to the tone I would use now. This is because, when I first started with the blog posts I wasn't familiar with blogging at all. So I feel as though I wrote them more like essays, or more formal writing. As the semester went on and I became more comfortable with the blogging process I began to put my personality into the posts more. Also, my process overall changed when it came to working on the projects themselves. For the first project I tried to start working on it without planning everything out first. Although I did fine on that project, I should have planned more. Not planning made it very difficult to go back and edit as well as put the project together overall. For the second, third, and last project, I definitely did more planning before jumping right into the project itself. That made it so much easier for me to gather my thoughts and have a smoother production week because I already knew what each part of my project was going to say or do. I felt that overall my writing process became more smooth as the semester continued and I found a process that worked for me because of all of the freedom I had in this course to work in a manner that worked for me. Because the class was laid out like that I was able to find different ways that I personally like to write, rather than the standard writing process most students use in high school, for example. My newfound writing process will now be able to help me all through college and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment