Thursday, May 5, 2016

Editorial Report 15a

This blog post is comparing the first and final versions of different parts of my project. Although I am doing a video for this project, I have only included the scripts here because I didn't want to chance messing up my video by cutting a single piece out to upload. Anyways, the parts of the script are below.

1. How did the content change when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

I completely changed the wording and some content for my opening. I did this because as I re-read the first version, I didn't like how it sounded at all. So I tried to make it more descriptive as well as interesting, as compared to my first version.

2. How did the form change when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

Although you cannot see the form through just the script, I added music to the background of the final version, which was not there in the first.

First version:

Hey everyone, Kelly Reager here from the University of Arizona. This video will be describing how my writing process has changed throughout the semester as well as successes and challenges that happened in this course over the duration of the past few months. Specifically, I will be talking about things such as the blog posts I completed, the projects, time management, organization, and project content.

Final version:

Hey everyone, my name is Kelly Reager from the University of Arizona and today's video will be discussing my writing process throughout the course of my English 109H class as well as successes and challenges that arose in this class over the duration of the past semester. Specifically, I will be talking about things such as the blog posts I have written and completed, projects 1 through 3, organization strengths and weaknesses, and strengths and weaknesses of my project content.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you, gorgeous...

    Teach thy students HOW to put a COMMA after the word 'TOO', please? Nobody seems to do that anymoe. Wonder why. In fact 97.79% exactly. Thank you, dear. Thus, they're extremely bright, so they'll remember that in their later years - besides it helps to know they're not speaking in a run-on-sentence.

    God bless your indelible soul, lil one.

    ReplyDelete