Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

Gerd Altman "Office, Business, Businessmen" August 2015 via pixabay. Public Domain Dedication 


Picking a genre was the hardest part of this pre-proaction stage of the project. I didn't just want to pick any genre, I wanted to plan out what genre I was going to use for each project, to make sure I am comfortable with each project/genre combination.

1. What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

The genre I am going to commit to for this project is a Quick Reference Guide. This is because I have looked at all of the projects for this semester and planned which genre to use for each. I chose the QRG for this project because I personally felt as though it is the best option for me and my topic.

2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

The genre conventions I am going to focus on next week are the copy, graphics, facts, links, and title (there's probably more I'm forgetting but that's what I know for sure I will focus on).

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?

So far I feel okay about the project. I don't think it's going to be easy peasy but at the same time I don't think it is going to be the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. 

The challenges I anticipate are finishing narrowing down my topic, because I need to do that before I can write my copy. I am not too worried about that because I have the general topic and I have thought of  a way to narrow it down I just need to make sure I can find the sources I need. 

Overall I feel prepared for this project and hope it will go relatively smoothly. The main thing I will need to do is tell myself "don't panic" (hence the picture below).

Pete Linforth "Don't Panic, Panic, Button, Stress" November 2015 via pixabay. Public Domain Dedication

No comments:

Post a Comment