Sunday, January 24, 2016

Course Projects

What are you most confused by or nervous about in regards to the four major projects?

What I am most nervous about is picking the '"right" form for each project. I know there is no "right" form I just mean picking the form that I think works best for each of the different projects. I am worried that I will end up picking a form that doesn't work for me for that particular project, making the process more difficult. Addressing the different forms, I am definitely most nervous for the video assignment as well as the podcast. This is because I have never done a video assignment or a podcast so it is something very new for me. However this will give me a chance to branch out and try something new.

What are you most interested in or excited by in regards to the four major projects?

Although I am also nervous about interviewing something for project number two, I am also excited about that. This is because I am an outgoing person once people get to know me, however I can be quiet when I first meet someone so I feel as though this interview will help me be more open right off the bat. Also, I am excited for the personal reflection assignment because I love looking back on old projects and assignments to see how I've improved.

Based on your understanding of the major projects, what are the elements of this course that you have to plan ahead for? How will the coursework described in the four project assignment sheets challenge your time management skills this semester?

I will definitely need to work on my time management and not procrastinating on these projects. All four of these projects, especially the interview, will take a lot of planning and setting up times to do certain things, and if those things get put off, the project will be rushed and not done to its full potential. Because most of my classes this semester appear to be writing based I think it will be difficult to try and balance my time between the writing assignments I will be required to do.

How has your past English coursework in high school or college prepared you for the challenges of this course? What skills will you bring into the course with you?

My past English classes have prepared me for the challenges of this course because of the workload. My English classes in high school had a lot of reading assignments that I had to balance my time management to get them done. This class is similar in the sense that I have to balance the workload of the projects, instead of reading.

Do you have any questions about the four major projects that haven't been answered by the assignment sheets? What do you still want to know?

If we find a topic I am very interested in outside of our major am I allowed to use that topic for a project? For project two am I allowed to interview two professionals or if I interview one professional do I then have to interview a grad student or someone at the university in my field as the second person (if that makes sense)?

REFLECTION

After reading Olivia and Mariana's posts I felt better about my concerns and worries knowing that my classmates feel basically the same as me. I think these projects and the different forms will be a challenge in different ways for different students but it will be beneficial to us in the end. It is definitely reassuring to know that all of my classmates are in the same boat as me and that we will be able to help each other out with questions as each project comes along. 

3 comments:

  1. I related to almost every thing in your post! I am so nervous about picking the "right" form for the project, as that responsibility is put solely on us and requires us to know what our strengths and weaknesses will be in the projects. Ditto the procrastination thing, too!! Before reading your post I did not have any questions; however, you sparked a thought when you mentioned the project outside of your major question. Also, great job on being concise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a little bit of anxiety about performing interviews for the second project, and choosing the "right" genre for these projects. Is a video or a podcast better for an interview???? Who knows. I also liked that you were very honest about how you felt about this course, because now I know other people are just as freaked out as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note on conventions of the blog post genre: Revisit Step 1.5 from "Deadline 1" to re-familiarize yourself with the conventions of blogging. You're missing one item on the bulleted list of conventions there.

    ReplyDelete